This week has been crazy! I started sanding my upstairs this past week. I rented a sander to do the main part. Two rooms and a hallway. Eight hours of sanding later, the main sections were done. Then I used a belt sander the next two days to get the edges. Then I used a palm sander to get the darn corners the other two couldn’t reach.
It’s not perfect by any means! But over all it looks so much better! Here are some shots. My floors hadn’t been done in over twenty seven years. I know, that is how long we’ve lived here. In a house that was listed at 99+ years when we bought it! I’d be shocked if they had been done before.
These first two are the before pictures.
This one shows the difference in the partial sanding compared to the original floor.
The next two photos show the floors sanded with the exception of some of the edges. But the trim I need to put in will hide that!
The last three are shown with the sanding done, stain on and polyurethane completed. So much better than the first picture!
My floors are a beautiful one inch maple. Hard to find any more! They are beautiful, though I can see where I made a few boo boos! I doubt many would find them, but I’m always harder on myself!
We’ll leave the floors to cure through part of next week before we start putting furniture on them. I’m excited! We bought a new bed for ours. The other one we had will go in the room my granddaughter uses when she comes for a sleep over.
The third bedroom will be turned into an office/sewing/craft room for me!!!
I do need a spot to put all four of my sewing machines! And a private spot to get some writing done. I’m looking forward to putting it all together. I can finally get my books going again.